We are currently advancing “pre-Christmas time”, so it might be useful to know which kinds of cookies we should bake. Of course, we will not quit the smart and healthy lifestyle but rather try to find something healthy but delicious that fits well into the Christmas time. So, here is another smart and delicious Christmas bakery recipe: Coconut Macaroons.
What do we need?
- 1 organic lime
- 150 g shredded coconut
- 4 table spoons of spelt flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 table spoons of honey
- We rinse the lime properly with hot water and grate the skin.
- We mix the lime skin with the shredded coconut and the flower in a bowl.
- We press out the juice out of the lime and take one table spoon of lime juice into another bowl.
- We separate the eggs and add the egg white and some salt to the lime juice. We then beat everything until stiff, while slowly adding the honey.
- We now carefully add the coconut flour mix to the beaten egg white.
- We place the pastry with a teaspoon on a baking plate and bake the coconut macaroons at 175°C for about 15 to 20 minutes until they get a slight tan.
That’s it! Enjoy it